About Societal Thinking
Social problems grow and mutate rapidly. For a long time, we have been slowly and incrementally chipping away at them. But if we want to solve these problems in our lifetime, we need to think exponential, i.e., how can one change inspire more and rapid change?
Societal Thinking is a way to imagine and realise exponential change.
We work with change leaders globally to design and implement missions that induce social change at societal scale. Our systemic approach is built on cooperation and collaboration across diverse actors, and is focused on providing accessible infrastructure to help people solve social problems within their own contexts.
We are a portfolio organisation of Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies (RNPF), one of India’s largest philanthropic foundations and are fully funded by them to serve as a public good. While we are based in India, we extend deep relationships with change leaders across Brazil, Kenya, Indonesia and South Africa across domains such as climate action, healthcare effectiveness, education, gender equity and sustainable livelihoods.
This is a full-time on-site role as Head of Marketing Communications and Events located in Bengaluru. As Head of Marketing Communications and Events, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of Societal Thinking’s brand positioning, marketing communications and events strategy.
This will include responsibility for executing marketing campaigns to help us increase brand awareness, engaging users on digital platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, external communications/PR, and planning/managing our marquee events (own as well as ones we will participate in).
- Define brand positioning and manage creation/update of Brand assets
- Define marketing communications strategy across various channels like newsletters, emails, press releases, social media etc. and manage the Digital Marketing team (Internal + External) to execute the plan.
- Identify partnership opportunities with influencers to improve brand’s reach.
- Define PR strategy and work with external agency to execute it.
- Define Event strategy to improve Brand’s reach. This would include both internal as well as external events.
- Plan, design, facilitate and manage offline and online global convenings to be done by Societal Thinking. This would involve: Visioning of the idea, design and set agenda; Identifying target audiences and speakers; Managing operations and logistics of the event along with events team and Event promotions
- Plan, design and execute our participation in major global events that align with our goal and focus areas.
- Measure and track analytics around marketing activities, communication plan and event engagement.
- 12-15 years of Brand Management, Digital Marketing and Events Management experience
- Knowledge of digital marketing techniques, including social media, email marketing, SEM/SEO, metrics-driven campaign development and optimization
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and think creatively about how to leverage the resources available
- High energy individual who loves connecting, convening diverse people around the globe
- A dynamic collaborator and team leader with an ability to work with diverse teams across perspectives, people, cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas to a wide range of stakeholders
- Understanding of the development sector, a plus
This position is based out of Bangalore, India
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.