About Societal Thinking
Social problems grow and mutate rapidly. For a long time, we have been slowly and incrementally chipping away at them. But if we want to solve these problems in our lifetime, we need to think exponential, i.e., how can one change inspire more and rapid change?
Societal Thinking is a way to imagine and realise exponential change.
Lead, Global Events
The role will be to help shape, develop and implement a spectrum of events to evangelize Societal Thinking, facilitate relationship building, nurture connections and establish our thought leadership globally.
- Plan, design, facilitate and manage offline and online events and convenings in India and abroad. This could involve participating in major global events, collaborating with partners to create impactful gatherings, and organizing our own range of small, medium, and large-scale events.
- Identify and invite target audiences and speakers, design and set agenda, event operations, logistics, and event promotions
- Strategise tangible ways for individuals in our ecosystem and beyond to connect, share and take action in the geographies and domains of our interest
- Scan and build a pipeline of external events for Societal Thinking to participate in
- Manage social media and promotions around events as well as post-event communications
- Measure and track analytics around event participation and engagement
What we are looking for:
- Project management skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- High energy individual who loves connecting, and convening diverse people around the globe
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Familiar with organizing and mobilising people for events
- Experience in growing online/offline community
- Understanding of the development sector is a plus
Graduate with at least 8-12 years of experience in project management, event management, relationship building, and development space.
- Self-driven, creative and energetic
- A dynamic collaborator and team leader with an ability to work with diverse teams across perspectives, people, cultures and backgrounds
- Open to experimentation and learning
- Ability to work independently and think creatively about how to leverage the resources available
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate openly and directly with team members and the larger ecosystem partners
This position is based out of Bangalore, India
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or if you have further questions.